X-icute CMS Version 2.0
During 2007 the Merseyside Scout website required a new system to allow the county to update an maintain thier website themselves. This was the basis of x-icute.
X-icute is comprised of three Primary modules:
On top of our primary modules, the following modules can also be installed onto your site, all managed through x-icute
- X-icute Calendar
- Maintain a central source of dates for upcoming events
- Group events into categories to help visitors narrow down their search
- Display different events on different pages within your site all managed from one place.
- X-icute News
- Produce latest news feeds
- Create in depth news articles with the use of a Micrsoft Word style text editor.
- Built in file manager allows you to upload images directly to the server and include them in your news reports.
- X-icute Content
- Our most powerful module allows you complete control of your site content without compromising the design or layout.
- Choose from 3 basic page layouts, then add panels of content using the built in html/text editor.
- Use pre-designed panels to display database driven content such as photo galleries, diary lists or news panels.
- Build your site map, order pages and hide them from menus whenever you want.
- Take total control of your site menus, layout and content.
- Creates an attractive guestbook that allows your visitors to leave you messages and comments. All comments are stored for approval in x-icute before they appear on your website.
- Photo Gallery
- Create multiple photo galleries, then select the pages you want to display your photographs creating quick links to your latest galleries.
- Links editor
- Create a links page with groups of links that might interest your visitors.
- Cross linking with other websites is one of the best ways to improve your search engine rankings.
- Create a blog to let your visitors know what your up to on a regular basis
- Blogs are a great way to encourage return visits.